Friday 21 November 2008

Happy


Someone I love very much is turning five this weekend, which not only a) blows my mind and b) makes me happy, but also makes me think back on some of the birthday parties I had and went to growing up.

I remember the one where we all had to dress up in the colours of Smarties and the cake was covered with Smarties (which, for all you who live in the US of A, are these chocolate delights, not these, which are *actually* called Rockets. [I'm just saying].)

And I remember another where I was wearing a dress that was super long and got caught on the stool I was sitting on, tipping me right over. (Whoops!)

Or the time I went to a birthday party and was told that relish (which I'd never tried before) was cut up frogs. (Didn't try relish for years after that.)

I don't really remember what we did at these parties, I just remembered it was fun to dress up, eat cake, and spend time with your friends. Oh, and the presents were nice too.

What's your favourite growing up birthday party memory?

6 comments:

Ms Behaviour said...

That's evil! Relish rocks!

dilling said...

skateland...whichever time, whichever party...everyone had their parties there...LOVE Skateland. I wanted to have my 40th birthday there but couldn't make it home in time.

Victoria said...

EB, I had no idea it tasted so good! :)

Dilling.....skating or roller skating?

dilling said...

roller skating....

DN said...

For me, it's definitely the fancy puffy dresses I got to wear! :D
Ooh, and the game pin-the-tail-on-the-donkey played afterwards! So much fun! :)

Victoria said...

Sweet, Dilling. Sweet.

D, I totally remember pin the tail on the donkey! (with blindfolds for added danger!) :)