Saturday 1 November 2008

Things I Learned This Week

If you have a massage and physio in the same week, it feels like you got a whole new back installed.

When you have a mini-crush on a guy and he breaks up with one girlfriend and starts, immediately, seeing three new girls, it's annoying.

Epsom salt baths are miraculous.

Waking up in the middle of the night thinking "ahhh, I just got off to sleep and am going to have a great night's sleep now!" and finding out that it's actually 5 minutes until your alarm goes off will really put a damper on your day.

Having people tell you you look really tired when you are really tired actually helps.

It's disturbing to walk from one side of your bat-cave to the other and forget what you were walking there for. It's even more disturbing when you do it twice. In a row.

Being asked to write for people, like, on purpose? can freak a person out.

Calling your friend's cell phone repeatedly because she lost it and is trying to find it is actually a lot of fun.

After a yoga class, I love everybody. In the entire world. And universe. Ahhhhhhhhh.

When you do something nice for someone just because, but they buy you flowers because they really appreciated it, it makes you feel awesome.

Flipping an egg over-easy style is fun. Especially when you do it one handed the very first time you ever try it.

10 comments:

S said...

I know exactly what you mean about loving everyone after a yoga class. I feel the same way after my pilates class.

Anyway, hope you have a great weekend!

Victoria said...

So S, maybe everyone should do pilates / yoga all the time and then we'd have world peace! ;)

You have a good one too!

Ms Behaviour said...

Mee three about the yoga class. What's up with that?? Pretty cool if you ask me. Pilates makes me grumpy but I go because I need my instructor to kick my ass. Fortunately she's my yoga instructor too so I don't take it so personally. But yeah, I'm happy afterwards. Not sure if it's the endorphins or just happy to have the ass-kicking over with!

Victoria said...

EB, this class that I tried last week was a pilates/yoga fusion mix so I got my butt kicked and then got all mellowed out! Perfect combo ;)

Likalia said...

The fusion mix is good, all this yoga/pilates talk reminds me I need to get back to a class soon, I miss the happy feeling. :)

Victoria said...

It's a good feeling, for sure! :)

writer80 said...

Something I learned this week (today, actually):

Watching the people in commercials for religious c.d.s is highly amusing. But not nearly as amusing as watching them on the Spanish Channel.

Victoria said...

Makes me wish I was there to watch that with you! ;)

Jenn said...

My new favourite combo is acupuncture and yoga all in the same week - I love everybody, including my back, and more importantly, my back loves me too!

Victoria said...

Ooooh, that'd be a good combo too! :)