Sunday 21 December 2008

Awesome


So it seems that my perfect Sunday from last week was to be followed by another perfect Sunday today!

It started snowing last night as I left the gym, and since we'd been told to expect a bunch of snow, I'd already picked up some goodies (bacon, Avalon chocolate milk, pistachios, you know, all the yummiest stuff!) so I headed home and watched the snow fall all night.

When I woke up this morning it was a winter wonderland, and after making the executive decision to sleep in some more (mmm, toasty warm bed) I got up and lazed around in my pjs and blankie before heading out for a snowy walk to the gym.

Came home feeling suitably exhausted and refreshed (I love going to the gym on snowy winter days, I feel like a superstar cuz I got to the gym in the snow, plus I get some exercise, which means I feel like I can eat more goodies, and I'm always looking for an excuse to bundle up and head out in the snow!) and put on some Christmas music. Then there was hot chocolate to be made, and peppermint oil to be warmed (so my place smells like a candy cane!) and pretty candles to be lit and I sat and candied up a gingerbread house while watching the snow fall in the background.

Can't get much Christmassier than that, can you?

Hope you're having a great Sunday too.

8 comments:

Jenn O'Neil said...

That sounds like an absolutely perfect Sunday!

Victoria said...

Totally :)

lexiloo said...

sounds like the perfect snow day! I can't walk to my gym so I settled for cross country skiing from my house and a couple snow hikes with the dog last week...gotta get out of the house!

Victoria said...

Well that sounds pretty awesome too Lexi! :)

Yvonne said...

Ah, never mind - the chocolate is covered after all. ;)

I've beem making hot cocoa nearly every night. (And drinking way too many Starbucks Espresso Truffles...)
But my apartment has been cold and I haven't been working out. Big kudos to you for keeping up at the gym!

Victoria said...

Espresso Truffles? Didn't know such a thing existed ;)

Yvonne said...

The Starbucks Espresso Truffle is actually a drink and it should be illegal, it's that good. Signature hot chocolate blend + espresso + whipped cream and chocolate syrup. OMG I want one now!

Victoria said...

Woah! That sounds tasty!!!