Sunday 14 December 2008

Best. Morning. Ever


So, yeah, I know this photo is from a couple of years ago, but if you just brush a few flakes off the trees, it's pretty much the same scene I woke up to this morning!

It started snowing last night as I left the gym (slipping on what used to be a puddle and realizing it was ice and then looking up and seeing snowflakes was pretty darn awesome) and didn't let up until after I was in bed (which was past 2am, but I'll save that story for tomorrow I think.)

And then when I woke up this morning I lay in bed, all cozy in a pocket of warm under my duvet and watched the snow fall outside the window for a few minutes before I decided to fall back asleep, all curled up and delicious in my bed while the snow fell and swirled. Awesome.

Fast forward an hour or so and I throw on my bestest warm pj's and head for the couch with some breakfast.

And now I'm sitting on my couch, wrapped in a blankie, feet on a hot water bottle, listening to Christmas carols. It's pretty darn awesome and I haven't even had bacon yet!

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!

Best morning ever.

6 comments:

Jenn O'Neil said...

I so love that pocket of warmness in bed......

Victoria said...

me toooooo!

Laura said...

We got some great snow here too! I normally have a bit of a hate-on for snow, to be honest, since my mind immediately goes to the traffic snarls and power outages and stupid drivers and OMG FROSTBITTEN FINGERS AND TOES, but for some reason last night I didn't do that. I just watched the snow fall silently and my mind filled with a chorus of Christmas carols and the dog started digging his nose through snow. Snow... something he had never seen before in his life! It was a magical moment.

Victoria said...

Awwwww, yay! I'm glad you had a magical snow moment :D

Yvonne said...

The snow has given me a great excuse to spend lots of quality time on my couch with a blanket and hot cocoa. ;)

Victoria said...

Perfect Y!