Saturday 6 December 2008

Dude

If you're in Victoria tonight, try to get to the Lighted Truck Parade.

It's somehow the cutest, most touching Christmassy parade I've ever seen.

I saw it by accident once a few years ago and thought it was just a one off, but now I try to see it somewhere, every year. It kind of kicks off my Christmas season, seeing all those people draping their big ol' trucks with pretty lights to raise money for the Mustard Seed food bank.

It's just an awesome display, very cool and totally fun.

6 comments:

Likalia said...

The Lighted Truck Parade is one of the things I really miss about living in Victoria.

It really is a great kick off to the season. :)

If I didn't have plans early on Sunday I would totally drive down tonight to try and see it.

Victoria said...

Well Likalia, I'm just back from watching it and it was AWESOME! So, I guess you could say I enjoyed it on both of our behalfs ;)

Anonymous said...

sounds like our lighted boat parade in August! sort of...

Victoria said...

OOoooh, that sounds fun! :)

Yvonne said...

damn, I was out of town. ;(
24 years in Victoria and I've never been!

Victoria said...

awww man! Next year Y, next year! ;)