Thursday 18 December 2008

Good News Bad News


The good news: My smoke detector works!

The bad news: I didn't get to eat the bacon I burned and my whole apartment still smells like slightly burned bacon fat.



The good news: I can type on my iPod touch if I have to. Which, combined with my wireless means I have at least some computer ability even if my laptop isn't working. Which reminds me. . .

The bad news: My laptop charger broke.

The good news: My computer was still under warranty so I got a new one yesterday free of charge!

The bad news: I'm a little behind on my posting (and post reading) because I spent two days trying to make the charger work. (One thought I honestly had? Hmmm, maybe it's not working because it's so cold*. Let me wrap it in a blanket!)

The good news: I know y'all won't mind.





*Seriously. It was -6 and -18 with the windchill. Brrrrr! (That's bizarrely cold for Victoria)

13 comments:

FB @ FabulouslyBroke.com said...

I still can't type on those things. My nails curve too much!

Ms Behaviour said...

I can't use touch screens. It's like I'm really a dead zombie and they don't register that something alive is actually touching them.

Michael Colvin said...

[my whole apartment still smells like slightly burned bacon fat.]

Just tell guests it's a new scented candle that you got for Christmas.

lexiloo said...

sucks u couldn't eat the bacon! thats *crazy* cold. it was 11F here in Oregon!

Anonymous said...

(Wow, the word verification for this comment spells "retail")

Is that centigrade or fahrenheit?

I managed weeks with only my PDA's wifi keeping me online, it's not ideal but it's enough to keep the net addiction pangs at bay :o)

The "good news" part reminded me of the joke about the man who got a phonecall from his wife and was told there was good and bad news. The good news being "The airbags on your ferrari worked perfectly"...

Victoria said...

FB, it's a tricky endeavor for sure!

EB, that's spoooooooky! ;)

Tod, I totally will! Heheheh.

Lexiloo, I was sad about the bacon! And, sounds like you've been cold too!

Dominic, [weiiiiiird] my temperatures are in Celsius.... is that Centgrade (feeling really dumb). And yes, you can feed your addiction with your PDA if you have to ;) And I totally forgot about that joke!

Ms Behaviour said...

Centigrade is the old school way of measuring temperatures. We use Celsius now. They're the same scale, just different. Here is your science lesson :)
http://www.sizes.com/units/temperature_centigrade.htm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Celsius

dilling said...

the good new is, the sprinkler system didn't go off.
the bad news is, that meant no firemen to your rescue.

Victoria said...

Thanks EB! ;)

Dilling, true dat. heh

Anonymous said...

Yeah, same thing, different name. Don't ask me why. Almost certainly the fault of the French :D

Victoria said...

tee hee!

Dugout Daisy said...

Bummer about the bacon! I love bacon... how sad. But I'm glad your touch screen works!

p.s. i don't know if you're into the awards things on blogger, but I gave you one anyway! hahaha!

Hope you're having a great weekend!

Victoria said...

I love bacon too Daisy! Mmmmmmmmm, (I may be drooling just a little thinking about it, whoops!) ;)

I didn't know anything about awards things on blogger, but thanks! Hee hee.

Hope you are having a good one too! :)