Wednesday 3 December 2008

Perspective


I feel like this in some way throughout the year, but I'll say it anyway; this is an interesting time of year.

We've had some pretty pretty pretty sunsets, ones where if you're in one place the sky is golden or pink or just amazing, but if you drive two minutes you can't see it anymore and the sky just looks like sky.

I find myself driving along wondering how many people didn't look up; didn't see the glowing ball of golden sunset that I just saw and sometimes I want to stop my car and stand on the roof just so everyone else can see how pretty it is if they'd just stop and look.

And then, sometimes, I find myself thinking about how life is kind of like the sunsets. If you're in the right place and you look? You can see the amazing, beautiful sunset. But, if you're somewhere else, or you don't look? You'll probably miss it.

And you see more when you're on the top of a hilly street (of which Victoria has a surprising amount if you've never driven around here) than at the bottom.

All this is sort of this grand metaphor for life in it's own strange way...

Because it's all about perspective.

Take that how you will.

8 comments:

Abby said...

Absolutely amazing picture!

Victoria said...

Thanks! *blush*

Ms Behaviour said...

Very Roy Henry Vickers. I have Sunset at Chesterman's on my bedroom wall and I got to sleep every night hoping I wake up in Tofino! Hasn't happened yet :)

Victoria said...

Keep workin' on it EB! ;)

The Single Girl said...

Great post.

Victoria said...

T'anks!

Yvonne said...

Wonderful post, V. ;)
So true!
ove

Victoria said...

Thanks Y!