Wednesday 14 January 2009

And Nine?


My car was overdue for an oil change.

I know this because the oil change people sent me a reminder to let me know that my car was overdue for an oil change and they looked forward to seeing me again.

So I went in. On Sunday.

I thought that going in on a Sunday would mean I wouldn't have to wait in line for so long, and it was a little shorter of a wait, but still, that place must be making a killing, because whenever I go in I'm one of a bunch of people waiting at the three service bays. It boggles the mind.

Or, at least, it boggles mine. That's not always hard to do.

But it's never good news when I go in for an oil change. I know part of it is them upselling, trying to squeeze a little more money out of me by letting me know that this needs a filter change or that needs a transmission blow out or something (which, I may have remembered the name wrong, because isn't a blow out something women get done to their hair?) and this time was no different. Not great news.

My car has leaks. My sweet, serving me well, starting to be over the hill '91 has leaks. Gasket and transmission or some such stuff.

Does anyone go into those places and have good news? Like, hello, your car is in awesome shape and nothing's wrong with it so we changed the oil and have a nice day?

I feel sorry for my car.

And, in unrelated news, I can't believe it's 2009. Two thousand and nine? Really?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I hope my car woes are over...since I just fixed what seemed to be EVERYTHING. My car place isnt open on Sundays! Yes, 2009. I have to keep reminding myself of that....doesn't feel like it yet.

Victoria said...

Poor little cars!

I should really take mine in to someone, but I'm scared! ;)

Jonathan Beckett said...

Our car runs on hope and good luck. We must have got it from the same place as yours.

Victoria said...

Totally! heh

Jenn said...

Never ever ever have I taken in a car and JUST got an oil change...there's always SOMETHING! But you're right, it would be GREAT to hear "there's nothing wrong, and, infact, we've changed your oil for free because we just think you're great, and because we're tired of hosing you!"

Victoria said...

Jenn, I don't think they're *allowed* to let you go without SOMETHING else just so really needing to be done. But, man, it sure would be nice to hear! :)

(This, by the way, is just my unfounded suspicion, based on a hunch and the fact that when I was in retail we would get in trouble if we didn't try to add on to a sale. Like, I see you're buying socks, have you seen the special sock washing soap we have here?....sigh)