Saturday 3 January 2009

Awesomeness

So I'm totally, completely in love with something I bought over the holidays, pretty much on a whim.

Allow me to elucidate (oooh, hello fancy words!)...

I like to drink hot water.

Not, like, ouch burn your tongue hot water, but a nice, soothing, hot water.

It's comforting and soothing and, well, I just like it.

Perhaps because the first time I ever had hot water it was given to me in a glass beer mug (the kind that's usually frozen and filled with....well, beer?) I've always liked drinking my hot water out of glass.

I don't have any beer mugs at home (a gasp from the crowd, the male audience crossing themselves at the abomination) I've always drank out of whatever's available, usually a plastic thermos-y travel mug thing.

I stopped into Starbucks last week to pick up a coffee for my Mom since I don't have any coffee at home (an even louder gasp from the crowd, several audience members pass out with shock and horror) and wanted her to have coffee with the breakfast I was making her (leading to the second bacon grease incident in recent weeks, ooops!) and I saw this little, unassuming glass mug sitting there on the shelf.

I picked it up, thinking it would be nice to have a glass mug to drink my hot water out of but didn't look too closely at the design. I did notice it was nice and light, but it wasn't until I got it home that I realized it had this super cool design.

The awesome thing is double.... I don't know, blown, or something, so that it's like a mug cushioned inside a mug.

I guess it's supposed to insulate things so that the hot liquid doesn't make the mug too hot to touch, but what it does is make a fantastically awesome looking vessel where the liquid seems to float in a bubble inside the mug.

It's even way cooler in person than it looks because the inside bit's so floaty.

Anyway, I'm loving it, and hot water has never looked cooler.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

You could have bought a Klein mug for an even-more-geeky glass :o)

Victoria said...

Dude! ;)

FB @ FabulouslyBroke.com said...

Hot water is very good for your body, they say.

I like it as a hot drink too, but I lean towards tea..

Fabulously Broke in the City
Just a girl trying to find a balance between being a Shopaholic and a Saver...

Victoria said...

Cozy and comforting AND good for my body? Woo hoo! I wins! ;)

Yvonne said...

ooh, I was looking at those mugs and have been planning to buy one. That's it, I'm doing it today.
You should get a commission. ;)

Victoria said...

Yay! I hope you love it :)

Jonathan Beckett said...

I need one. Right now.

Victoria said...

Jonathan! You can has!!!

http://www.bodum.com/index.asp?dom=1026

( I gots mine at Starbucks, but Bodum sells em on line )

Yvonne said...

I do love it!
I love that it keeps my drink hot, yet isn't too hot to hold in my hands! Now I need to get one without a handle. ;)
Because you know, I need more mugs. >;-D

Victoria said...

Yay! I'm glad you love it!

(And I was eyeing the handle-less one too, so pretty!) :)