Thursday 15 January 2009

Hmmmm

I was changing out of my top at the gym yesterday, a top that my Mom bought in Europe but then decided she didn't like, and it looks really cute on me, but the thing is, as I was taking it off, I decided to take a look at the label, where I found the warning "keep away from flame".

Um, so, are you telling me I'm going to, like, explode if I accidentally catch this thing on fire? What if I wear it in the sun? Can I still dry it in my building's "roast everything dry" industrial dryer?

I'm a little concerned.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

If it's a gym top, it's probably polyester-based. Which isn't exactly flammable, I believe, but has a nasty tendency to go molten when burned and stick to the skin.

Probably fine to run it through the dryer still, so long as static cling doesn't bother you..

lexiloo said...

no fire dancing in this top!

Anonymous said...

Check your pyjamas. They're often highly flammable too... it really all depends on the fabric.

I love the idea of you working so hard in the gym that you just spontaneous catch on fire, though!

Dugout Daisy said...

hahaha! I'm going to start checking all my tags on my clothes!

Michael Colvin said...

[I was changing out of my top at the gym yesterday, a top that my Mom bought in Europe]

Please tell me that it is covered in Eiffel Towers. It would make my day...

Victoria said...

Dominic, it's not a gym top, it's a regular wearing type top.

Raz, I'm too scared to check my pjs! Oh, but seriously, that could be my inspiration, to set my gym clothes on fire! ;)

Daisy, don't, you'll freak yourself out! heh

Michael, you can pretend it is if that helps! :)

Jonathan Beckett said...

The worst pieces of clothing - that nobody thinks twice about - are fleeces.

Did you know they are made from recycled plastic bottles most of the time?

My other half had an ember land on her fleece at a bonfire party - it left a nice instant hole straight through two layers of the material...

Victoria said...

Yikers!