Monday 19 January 2009

Oooooooh


We've been having a lot of fog around these here parts lately.

And while I don't have a photo of it, even if I did it wouldn't show you what it's been like.

Maybe it's just me and my memory, but I don't know when I've last seen fog like this so many days in a row.

Now, I'm sure there are people from we-get-lots-of-fog places (San Fransisco perhaps?) who are rolling their collective eyes at me right now, but bear with me, this is a bit of a novelty.

See, usually if we get fog, it's just kind of there. And sometimes it's there, but not really, or you can see that the clouds are a little low on the Sooke Hills or something, but that's about it.

This fog has been very much here. As in, right there kind of here. You can walk out to your car and have cloud rolling in front of your very eyes. It's bizarre to me because the fog that I'm used to is just there, but this stuff moves. This fog rolls and it's the rolling and moving that gets me. And it's chilly, this fog-moving-cloud-stuff that we've been having lately and there's been more than a few days of it.

Usually our fog comes in the morning and is gone before lunch. Well before lunch. This stuff is coming in morning and staying through afternoons and collecting itself after dinner for a solid night.

I went over to my girlfriend's house the other night and I'm not making it up, got lost on her sidestreets on the way home because I could not see. So because I could not see the signs, and could barely see the streets themselves, I drove on instinct and since they moved to their house not too long ago, the instincts they weren't so good and I got lost. In the fog. For reals.

As I write this, it's a clear, bright, sunny day and I'm loving it, and we'll see what the next week or so brings us. But for now, the fog has been pretty cool. I've liked the feeling of being able to see the clouds on the same level as I am. Made me feel magical, somehow.

How's your weather been?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rainy and cold. And a little bit of fog. It wasn't the cool moving cloud-fog though, it was just the regular kind.

lexiloo said...

sunny today and loving it!

Victoria said...

That sounds like the type of weather I'm used to The Civilian!

Lexi, it was sunny here today too, yay!!

Michael Colvin said...

I love the fog when it is all swirly and creepy.

Victoria said...

Me tooooooooo! :)