Thursday 22 January 2009

The Opposite of Fading

I had a dream a while ago, in fact, it's got to be close to a couple of weeks ago now (certainly long before that wonderful event), that I can still remember. And that's unusual.

When I woke up, I thought "I have to blog this" it was such a real/vivid dream and I was sure that someone out there (ie. y'all) would be able to figure out what my psyche was telling me (heh, I typed 'psycho' by mistake. giggle)

But I never got around to writing about it and I figured that the dream would just eventually fade away and I'd forget about it.

But I haven't and it isn't. So here goes:

I was playing outside in the backyard of the house I grew up in, it was summer, either the weekend or summer holidays. I was me, but younger, but not, all at the same time.

I looked up at an airplane in the sky to see it's vapour trail (you know, the long white line they sometimes leave behind in the blue sky?) and I noticed that the vapour trail was wobbly, not straight.

Since this is unusual, I followed the trail to see why the plane wasn't flying straight. The airplane, which was a big airliner, was towing stuff behind it. A lot of stuff. It was like a tug boat in the sky, carrying a whole lot of concrete and other building materials all tied together with a long, strong rope or cable stretching out behind it. And the plane was having to fly from side to side to keep things going, because, of course, they don't usually tow stuff.

As I was watching this and thinking it didn't look quite right, our boarder came out. (We never had a boarder when I was growing up, by the way) He was older than I was in the dream (21 or so?) and gorgeous. I, of course, had a crush on him. He came out and we both stood there watching the plane, when it began to bank and turn.

Apparently carrying cargo wasn't working out for the pilot and he needed to land. So he started to turn and circle, and before we knew it he was flying quite low over our neighbourhood. (Not far above the trees in my backyard, really)

Our boarder started to run, and I followed after him, and he went to the abandoned lot where the plane had landed, and I just stood at the end of the driveway and watched him go. I was about to get my bike to follow when I woke up.

What I remember from the dream is that it was very real. And it didn't occur to me until a bit after I'd woken up that planes don't tow things like that. And I feel like I should know who the boarder was, but I don't.

I just can't remember the last time a dream stuck with me for so long, but there you go.

Analyze away!

6 comments:

Jonathan Beckett said...

Great dream!

I tend to think all the significance people assign to dreams is complete rubbish. I'll have a go at figuring out yours though.

Did you watch a movie with an aeroplane in it? Have you seen any toy train sets recently? Do you like somebody a little older than you?

Dreams usually have SOME sense in them, but glued together in crazy ways.

You are talking to the guy who had a dream about a flying pirate ship though, and about a giant crow coming through the ceiling...

Ms Behaviour said...

I was told a long time ago that dreaming about flying means that you're sexually frustrated.

FISH EGGS said...

I think I was the boarder!!TeeHee!

Victoria said...

Jonathan, a giant crow coming through the ceiling? Eeeeeek!

EB, I have no comment on that! lol ;)

Fish Eggs, if you were the boarder, what happened to the plane? heh

The Civilian said...

Generally speaking I'd say that dreams don't mean much of anything.

That being said I've had a fair number of dreams that ended up coming true. It could have been one of those. Have you had dreams like that before?

Other then that it could mean a thousand things. Are you trying to do too much with your life? Or were you at the time? It would help if you knew who the boarder was.

A lot of dream interpretation is subject to your own experiences. But sometimes a cigar is just a cigar...

Victoria said...

Civilian, I don't know about having dreams that come true, but I do get that feeling of "dude, I've so totally done this/been here before" a lot.

All I remember of the boarder is that he was super cute and my total crush. :)

But, true enough, sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.