Friday 24 April 2009

The Accompanying Photo Has Nothing To Do With This Post


I sleep naked.

(Um, I couldn't think of any other way to start the post, so I just threw the whole nakedness thing out there, without any preamble or warning. Sorry.)

It's comfy and, unless it's the dead of winter, I actually find I'm warmer that way. Or, cooler, as the seasons change.

The funny thing is though, that some nights, the whole not having any clothes on thing causes my half-asleep brain some trouble.

See, occasionally, I wake up needing to use the little girl's room. But sometimes as I'm only half awake, I forget that I'm at home, in my locked apartment all by myself. There have been nights (like last night, hence the idea for this post) where I've woken up needing to pee and lain there trying to figure out what I can put on so no one will see me naked.

It's like my brain's still in a dream or thinks I'm at work or a get together or something and I've actually, a time or two, wakened up enough to pull pjs out of a drawer and put them on before realizing that there's no one around able to see me in my nuddy-pants.

Or maybe my brain doesn't want me to have a real-life version of that dream where you go to school naked.

Oh, brain, you're so silly.

I don't know, maybe this is only funny to me, but I just find it amusing to be able to almost watch my brain process what's real and what's not.

Am I the only one that does this? Or anything remotely like this?

13 comments:

Dominic said...

I also sleep naked. It's only recently become something I have to worry about. So I keep a bathrobe by the door. Problem solved.

The more confusing thing lately has been getting used to a single bed again. And more recently, to the wall being on the wrong side of the bed.

Who'd have thought going to sleep could cause such complications...

Victoria said...

I have a bathrobe next to my bed too, but my brain doesn't usually remember it when it's supposed to! lol

Anonymous said...

I go naked diagonally across the bed. A double bed.

So the love of my life, whoever she may be, must either take up the surface area of a garden gnome or have her own bed. Except the second one makes spooning kinda hard :-(

And I give the bathrobe a swerve. I figure my housemate has seen it all before anyway.

Victoria said...

Maybe you just need a really really really big bed! :D

dilling said...

i had lasik surgery almost 10 years ago(after wearing fglasses since I eas four)and when I am sleepy I often try to push my glasses back up onto my nose(but only end up poking myself in the forehead)...and i often dream of wearing glasses even though i am aware of not needing them, even in my dreams.

Victoria said...

Awww, that's so cute!

Ms Behaviour said...

Once my X convinced me to sleep naked. I was not comfortable. I'm not entirely sure why not. I mean, it didn't have anything to do with being uncomfortable around him. That night, I had screaming nightmares. He said he tried to wake me up because I was screaming so loud but couldn't. I remember the nightmare vividly. That was in 1998. I've never slept naked again.

Victoria said...

Awww :(

Sowwy.

TheManOnStilts said...

I sleep naked. I don't live alone, so the unnecessary dressing doesn't really apply to me.

I love walking around naked. I often do it when I'm the only one in the house. It's best if you can find a spot with lots of sunshine pouring in through the window and lie down on the floor. It's like having your own personal nude beach.

I had several times where I said to myself "Why not try sleeping with clothes on again?" When I wake up in the morning, I'll be naked, without remembering getting undressed.

I'm extremely tired; I'm going to bed (naked).

Yvonne said...

Wow V, you are full of surprises! I took you for a cute pink jammies kinda girl. ;)

I CANNOT sleep naked - I feel way too vulnerable!
But pretty much every guy I've dated has been a naked sleeper. I just thought it was a guy thing. ;)

Victoria said...

TC, I have a couch in my living room that gets the direct sun in it and I often lie in my own personal sunbeam!

Yvonne, I first discovered it from an ex who slept naked and I thought I'd join him. I liked it and never stopped! (Except when staying at someone's place or something) :)

Jonathan Beckett said...

Now we have kids I keep getting told off for sleeping naked... causes awkward conversations with little miss 4 who tends to walk into our room.

Victoria said...

Fair point :)