Tuesday 7 April 2009

Owwwww


I bruised my pubic bone.

My....pubis?

No, not in a fun way that involves being naked.

I bruised it by walking into a turnstile that didn't turn.

Stile.

Apparently you can't just go when the thing beeps, you have to wait for the green light too.

I even said "Ow" outloud when I did it. And I didn't care if anyone heard me.

Cuz it hurt!

But now I feel kinda dumb and like I should have pretended nothing happened.

Except I was still stuck on the other side of the thing.

So it was kind of obvious I guess.

Sigh.

5 comments:

Mark said...

I had that happen to me going through the gate at the monorail in Bangkok. I had my backpack on (going to the airport) so I actually waited until I saw the thing open before walking through, but it snapped shut right away and got me. It had already eaten my ticket as well :(

I think security shut it on me so I wouldn't get stuck with my pack, because a couple of them were waving and chirping for me to go through the extra-wide gate almost immediately. Still, confusion and embarrassment as I attempted to reverse out of the gate through the crowd behind me.

Ms Behaviour said...

Umm, there is a waaay better bruised pubic bone story in there somewhere! Find it Victoria! Lie to me, please?

Victoria said...

Mark, at least you didn't get, like, fully stuck in there! Yikes.


Um, EB, uh, yes, there was this hot guy and we were, um and then there was this move where I... um.. and then, OW!

(That any better?) ;)

Anonymous said...

We have a table that's pubis-height at home. We seriously need to get rid of it, because I'm too stupid to avoid it.

Victoria said...

I hear you on that Raz. Ow!