Wednesday 3 June 2009

Awww, Shucks!


I gotted an award!

The Last Single Girl was sweet enough to pass on a blogging award to me :)

I always feel kind of shy and stuff when people say nice things about me and TLSG was very nice with what she said about my blog and, well, yay!

I tried to thank her, but I either left two comments or didn't leave any because there are some blogs that just really seem to hate me when I try to leave comments and after a while of feeling like a computer dork, I gave up the struggle. *sigh*

So one of the things about the award is that it's about those who love blogging and love to encourage friendships through blogging and it asks the winner to talk about why they love blogging, so here goes:

For me, blogging started as a way to get the stories and thoughts and scenarios that were playing in my head out onto paper. Well, written out anyway. And I figured why not put that writing out there. Wherever the blog "there" is. And I like being able to talk about how I'm feeling about things and share good and bad and silly and have it bounce off other people. Sometimes getting that outside, neutral viewpoint on things is very helpful or grounding or supportive or just plain fun. I love reading people's comments and sort of getting to know the different personalities and people who stop by and stay around for a while or who slip in and out. Blogging is a way for me to be creative and also a way for me to sort through feelings. I also like the idea of sharing my slice of the world with different people.

So, there you have it. Thanks for the nod The Last Single Girl !

And now, the awards show after parties!

Heh

3 comments:

Miss Rosa said...

Yay! Congrats on your award.

You might just be another me, only I'm in Port Coquitlam, and you're in Vic.

The Last Single Girl said...

You're welcome Victoria. And no I don't think I ever got a comment from you. Happy Blogging!!

Victoria said...

Thanks Miss Rosa (my very possibly twin co-hort in PoCo!)

TLSG, just imagine the comment being left then, kay? ;)