Saturday 27 June 2009

Cool


My apartment building has two large bins out back, one for garbage, and one next to it for paper.

(We also have two bins for plastic recycling, but they're not really part of the story. I just didn't want to leave them out in case they felt neglected)

My parents asked me if I'd stop off at their place on my way home from work the other day and push their garbage cans into the garage since they were going to be out of town for a couple of days.

Because I didn't want to forget, and when I'm busy my mind sometimes forgets, I wrote myself a note that said "garbage cans" and stuck it in my car so I'd see it on the way home.

I did, and did my daughterly duty on my way home.

When I got back to my place, I went over to the bins and threw the "garbage cans" note into the paper recycling bin.

Right as I let it go, however, a big gust of wind came along, picked it up and carried it right over into the garbage bin.

I guess the Universe took the note literally, eh?

4 comments:

Dominic said...

The Universe never tries to be that helpful for ME!

*sulk*

Victoria said...

Maybe it does and you just don't notice?

Don't pout!

Anonymous said...

The beauty of Cuba is NOT Fidel or its political regime, but the luck of being unspoiled but modernism and all its implication. Shame there is no way back for the rest of us...
Jose

Victoria said...

Cuba certainly moved me, Jose :)