Wednesday 10 June 2009

Inside Thought


While we were having our hot (for us) weather here last week, I found myself resisting the urge to just fall over and wither a few times.

See, our bat cave does not have air conditioning. Or anything. And while my particular part of the cave has windows, them there windows let the hot hot sun in, but, sadly, no breeze. At one point, I actually found myself starting to feel something like what I imagine claustrophobia feels like because it felt like there just wasn't any air. And not having air combined with being too hot, combined with having made the decision to wear not only pants, but shoes AND SOCKS wasn't a good feeling.

So later that same day, I had a doctor's appointment to go to and as I walked into the office, I realized they had air conditioning. (Oh, I should mention that I don't have A/C in my bat car either, so there wasn't a whole lot of breathing or cooling down going on on the drive either!) As I was checking in, I told the receptionist that I loved their air conditioning.

And I really meant it.

What I didn't say, but was SO totally thinking, was "I love your air conditioning so much I want to marry it and have its babies."

Not sure how that one would have gone over.

8 comments:

Dominic said...

They might have told you you were at the wrong type of doctor..

Anonymous said...

Live in Vancouver. I own 4 large fans. Totally worth it, esp. right now.

Jim said...

It might make for a good summer fling, but definitely not LTR material.

Victoria said...

Dominic, they probably would have! lol

Anonymous, I hear you on that. Whew!

Jim, that's a good point ;)

Chris said...

I have air conditioning in my bat cat and my bat cave...

feel free to hang out there next time it's hot here in the great city of victoria.

Victoria said...

Ok, Chris, that may be the best unintentionally funny typo ever! "bat cat"

Um, unless, of course, you actually have a bat...cat... in which case.... COOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!

;)

Mrs4444 said...

You're funny; thanks for the smile :) Good luck keeping cool.

Victoria said...

You're welcome for the smile! :D
And, thanks! I'm doing my bestest in the cool department ;)