Friday 26 June 2009

More Than Odd

Woke up this morning and my arm was totally asleep.

I mean, I've had my arm fall asleep on me before, but this was different. I couldn't feel it AT ALL.

I had to actually pick it up (and I couldn't feel my own fingers touching my own arm!) and throw it off of me across the bed and because I still couldn't feel it at all (!) and was still totally asleep I had to tell myself "wiggle fingers".

It was a really odd, disturbing feeling, and made me feel very blessed that my body functions as well as it does.

7 comments:

Esperanza said...

I have had the same thing happen to me! Its usually when I'm really tired and I fall asleep very hard. You look and think "is that mine?"

Victoria said...

Seriously, I was all, WHOSE ARM IS THAT because I CAN'T FEEL IT!!!!!

Dominic said...

Sounds like when I go to the dentist.

Except for the "arm" part. I don't get injections there from a dentist. What would be the point?

But I have an unusually high resistance to their anaesthetic, which means I get the maximum dose and quite a long wait before it starts to work enough that they can begin drilling.

But because the dose is so high, by the time I *leave* my entire mouth is completely numb for the rest of the day...

Very odd!

Victoria said...

That's the worst because you can't eat and drink properly!

Dominic said...

I altho couldn't thpeak properly for quite thome time afterwardth! :)

Anonymous said...

When that happens to me I touch my face so it feels like someone else is.

That's too weird, isn't it? Damn.

Victoria said...

*giggle*