Saturday 15 August 2009

Ahhhhh

Maybe it's a good thing that last week tired me out so much, because today, I just happened to have booked myself a day at the spa.

I booked it almost a month ago (it's a small place, so they needed some advance warning for the full package I asked for) and it's so nice knowing that after this tiring (and emotionally exhausting let me tell you) week, I'm going to spend hours getting pampered.

This isn't something I've ever done before. I mean, I've gone into a spa before, but only ever for a pedicure or maybe a massage. This is different and I'm proud of myself for doing it. Someone gave me the brochure for the place and when I was flipping through it something inside of me said "I deserve a full day of pampering, not just a pedicure!" and instead of talking myself out of it for one reason or another, I just called and booked it.

So here's hoping your Saturday is just as relaxing as mine. I may be droolingly happy the next time I see you!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nothing better than a day at the spa wearing a soft terry cloth robe, eating nuts and dried fruit and drinking cucumber water. Bliss

Dominic said...

Sounds kinda dull to me, actually :)

Enjoy your day! Well done on not talking yourself out of it

Victoria said...

Tales, it was so, so awesome!

Dominic, I'm really glad I didn't talk myself out of it too :)

Ms Behaviour said...

Is it an Aveda spa? Make sure you get some of that tea. It's amazing. I'm so jealous. I may have to book something for myself after I defend.

Victoria said...

It wasn't Ms B, but I did go to one last summer, I didn't know about the tea! I'll have to ask next time I'm there.

You should TOTALLY book something. Do you know your defense date? If so, book it now!!!

Yvonne said...

Yay for you!
What did your day entail?
I've done a mani + pedi and a pedi + facial but that's the extent of my extended visits. Still fantastic though. ;)

Jonathan Beckett said...

My Saturday involved shopping for school shoes for three little girls. You can only imagine my powers of patience. Zen like.

Laurene said...

what treatment did you avail? my cousin and i went to the spa last week too. some all-natural body scrub.

i hope you enjoyed yours! :] i understand that pampering feels much better after a strenuous week.

Victoria said...

Y, it was mani,pedi, facial, body scrub, and self-tanner! (Which everyone keeps saying makes me look so healthy!)

Jonathan, you need a spa day after that! ;)

Wednesday, see above :D I totally enjoyed mine, hope you and your cousin loved yours too!