Monday 17 August 2009

Saturday, FTW!*


You guys? My Saturday was so so awesome.

So.

I slept in, got up, ate a yummy breakfast and went to the spa place. I then spent the next five hours doing nothing!

Well, occasionally I sighed happily or drank the water that was brought to me, but that's the extent of the effort I put out. It was perfect.

And when I was done I felt like the (and still do feel like the) girliest girl ever. My skin's soft and glowy and my fingernails are perfect and my toenails are perfect and I feel relaxed and happy. And I feel worth it. Like, I feel like I was totally worth the time and money I put into myself.

And that's maybe the best feeling. Taking care of myself and feeling how good that feels.

I feel like it's been a long few years, but the shift has happened.

After I left the place, I picked up some groceries and came home and cooked! (More on this small miracle later.) And that evening as I was sitting around mellowing out on my couch, I got a call from a friend asking if I wanted to go out for a drink.

It was the perfect way to end a perfect day.

Awesome.


*FTW

9 comments:

Dominic said...

Heh. The captcha for this one is "rester" - how apt :)

Glad you enjoyed your day!

Anonymous said...

Those kinds of days are oh so satisfying :)

Victoria said...

Dominic, I think you and the captcha generator must have some kind of symbiotic relationship! Maybe you should ask it for lotto numbers? ;)

Tales, oh, so!

AshleyHami said...

Ooo...hubby promised me a spa day - I'd love to know where you went ;)

Victoria said...

Are you on the Island? (Methinks you're in Van) If you are, send me an email and I'll hook you up with the place :)

Victoria said...

Nebbermind, you *is* in Victoria (HI!) I can't find yer email so email moi kay?

Ms Behaviour said...

BUT for anyone in Van, go see Daisy at the Aveda spa at Metrotown. The one next to Old Navy, not the other crappy location.

Jonathan Beckett said...

Good things DO happen in this world after all.

Sat here smiling.

Victoria said...

I'll pass that on to my Sis-in-law Ms B!

They sure do Jonathan! :)