Monday 14 September 2009

Great Time of Year


I had a blast at Beer Fest on Friday, due in no small part to the awesome weather. (I have the slight sunburn to attest to that)

My girlfriend and I had very serious conversations about absolutely nothing that led to riotous laughter and cheeks that were sore from smiling so much.

We saw what may be this town's prettiest man and were two sad puppies when we could no longer find him at the evening's end.

We ran into my Buddy (hi Buddy!) who proceeded to gang up on me with my friend and their ensuing "pick on Victoria" moments were only made funnier when the German "ooompa" band started playing.

We had a rather drunken guy offer to help us pee because "he has skills" and we actually ran into Bird, which was fine, because we really did have to pee so we only had time to say hi and run.

Strangely enough, I was hungover by the time I got home (strong cider'll do that to ya sometimes) so after a couple of Advil and lots of water, I didn't feel too bad Saturday. Just plain tired out.

So I rested for the day and had another nicely mellow day on Sunday.

I love this time of year because when it's sunny and gorgeous out it feels like such a treat. Especially since we had a day or so of rain last week. Sunny September weekends. . . ahhhhhhh.

How was your weekend? Anyone offer to help you pee?

4 comments:

Dominic said...

..is that you in the wings?

Glad you enjoyed the event!

Victoria said...

It's not me in the wings, no, although it looks like it doesn't it!

I did, it was fun :)

Jonathan Beckett said...

Does children walking into the bathroom count as "helping you pee" ?

Victoria said...

*giggle*

Not...really!