Monday 21 September 2009

Pleasant Company


Fall's here, in a gentle sort of way.

It's like the season has arrived and instead of barging in and taking over, it has just quietly arrived at the doorstep and has knocked a couple of times and when you open the door, it's just standing there smiling, politely asking if you'd mind if it came in for a while.

It's not really even like Summer's over, just that it's crisper, mellower, less intense. It's falling asleep.

There was a sunset last night that was pastels and glowy. I was so glad to have stumbled across it, and am glad for whatever it was that pulled me outside at that particular time.

I don't mind the changing seasons, and really, what's the point in minding? They're going to come no matter what.

Change is that one thing you can't control, yeah? So you may as well enjoy it.

Especially when it invites itself in so politely.

4 comments:

Ms Behaviour said...

Hmph! Summer stuck it's tongue out at us and said, "thpffft I'm moving to BC suckas!" and fall moved in without checking with anybody if that was okay. Let me tell you, it was not. I refuse to put on socks until October 1!

Victoria said...

Oh dear! That was very rude of Summer. . . I shall have a word with ... her? It? Dude.

Dominic said...

I'm expecting Autumn to arrive with unseemly haste when I get on a plane back to England this weekend ;o)

Victoria said...

Safe trip home this weekend :)