Wednesday 30 September 2009

Repeat. Repeat. Again. Repeat

I've been playing this song over and over and over this past two weeks.
Over and over.
It's not the first time this song has had repeat status, but the first time it's had repeat status for such an extended period of time.

You can watch the official video here or listen to it here:


Winter Song - Sara Bareilles & Ingrid Michaelson

Or watch this video of the making of the song, which I love to watch and (not so secretly) wish I was doing for a living.


Sara Bareilles and Ingrid Michaelson "Winter Song"

I think it's more the spirit, energy and sound of the song right now than the lyrics, although they certainly contribute.

Listen. Repeat. Listen. Repeat.

Listen.

10 comments:

Joel said...

Great song, I always love watching musicians work. Have you ever seen "Once"? The music and performances were so captivating I watched that movie every night for the few days I had it out from the library. If you haven't seen it, go rent it!

Jonathan Beckett said...

It reminds me a little of Wendy and Lisa - not sure why...

Excellent song though (off to iTunes I go :)

Victoria said...

I've been told about Once Joel, but I keep on not watching it. Why? Because I'm crazy? No, seriously, I really should rent it, I know! :)

Isn't it a good one Jonathan?

Likalia said...

I just love both their voices, and it is an excellent song, which I hadn't heard in quite a while. :)

Victoria said...

Their voices are beautiful and so lovely together on this song :)

the one in the back said...

Again, you pleasantly surprise me with your music choice =). I found this song this past winter and it was nicely, albeit bittersweetly, stuck in my head and ipod 'til summer came. There's another song from the same album where wintersong came from that I think you'd equally like...it's a revision of Silent Night by Prescilla Ahn. Very nice harmonies, a la Brian Wilson...if that's your cup of tea =).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvjdfFYXYPU

Also I took the liberty of giving you a link to Wintersong's official music video. Hope you like. Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUO0gd7cr9o

Victoria said...

oooooh that Silent Night was dreamy, thanks! Wow! Now I feel all christmassy and like I should just go buy that CD already :D

T'anks!

Victoria said...

PS I'm a sucker for harmonies!

the one in the back said...

sweet :)

Victoria said...

:)