Monday 19 October 2009

Mended

This was an odd mix of a weekend for me, but a good one in the end.

I spent some of it, well, ok, a day and a half of it, fighting off a nasty cold/flu bug that decided to pick on me.

My mid-Saturday, I was feeling all sorry for myself and melancholy and looking up ex-boyfriends on the internety.

So, figuring that it was a "I'm sick and tired. . . literally" induced bum out, I went to bed early and slept it off.

It's interesting, I noticed, how differently people seem to be treating colds and flus right now. How much more willing people are to encourage you to stay home and get better. Which I did.

I also have a pregnant co-worker (yes, girl spies sometimes to have babies, you know!) and so I'm doing my best to keep my germs away from her. Had I not been feeling so much better by Sunday, I would have stayed off for another day or so.

I hope this is the worst sickness I get this season, and I'm glad to be feeling better.

2 comments:

Jonathan Beckett said...

The place I work has been encouraging people to stay away if sick too.

It ruined my 18 month record of not being off work :( I was SENT HOME with a cold...

Victoria said...

Awwww, nuts! I hate ruined records! But, at least you're feeling better, I hope?