Saturday 17 October 2009

Shhhhhhhhh


So, as I sort of said the other day, C (she who famously introduced me to Smith and who was with me when we were smushed up in her car earlier this year) has, for a while, told me I should meet her friend. I think she first mentioned him a year and a half ago or so, but I wasn't interested in a relationship then.

C had a get together at the end of July and I forgot about it and didn't go, but apparently this guy was there and asked C why I wasn't.

Then work got busy. Crazy busy. And I called C up one day and told her that I needed to think about something, anything, besides work and would she give my number to that guy or something?

So she did.

And he called, and we went out on a "nice to meet you" kind of date and he was nice. It was nice and he was nice. And we'll probably do it again.

And it's not that there's a but, but there's a but.

Because I don't want to think about it too much or talk about it too much. I don't want to get wrapped up already in thinking about something that doesn't exist.

I don't want to start thinking about someone before I even know if he's someone I want to be thinking about.

Even if I suspect he might be.

I don't want to rush. I just want it to happen if it happens. I don't. Want. To. Think.

So that's all I know. And that's all it has to be.

This is all it has to be: I met a nice person who happens to be a single male.

And that's all it is.

End of discussion.

I need you on board with me on this. It's not anything and that's more than ok.

Now let's pretend I never said anything, ok?

7 comments:

Dominic said...

You said something? I must have missed it.

:o)

Victoria said...

I don't think I said anything! ;)

Yvonne said...

Completely missed it, so I thought I'd drop in and say hi. ;)

Ms Behaviour said...

I have no idea what you're talking about ;)

Victoria said...

Well Hi Y! :D

Me neither Ms B, me neither. ;)

Divine Rondeurs said...

totally love your writting.

Victoria said...

Aww, well thanks!