Wednesday 25 November 2009

Sploosh


I went swimming last week with some friends of mine who have a nine year old daughter.

Now, I've always loved water, but it's been a number of years since I've swum in a pool (as opposed to swimming in lovely salty, tropical oceans such as the one you see here... ahhhhhhh.) as it's just not something I'd do on my own.

The best part about it was the my friends' daughter wanted me to come do all the fun stuff with her. Like go on the rope swing that SWINGS YOU RIGHT INTO THE WATER (and I'd never in my life before used one and how could I have lived this long and not done such a fun thing?)! And then go on the waterslide (that was so much fun I laughed the whole way down and then got right back up there and kept on going back up until they closed the thing at which point I returned to the rope swing.)

Let me tell you, it was so much fun!

I can't wait to go back and see how many times I can go down the waterslide and how high I can splash off of the rope swing.

It so rocked!

4 comments:

Maplemusketeer said...

Huzzah! Most excellent adventuring says I! :D

So many wonderful opportunities for fun and smiles exist out there :D And now I miss my nieces and nephews ;)

But I also know they miss their crazy uncle ;)

Wow.. I just realized I'm the crazy uncle in the family!

Claus said...

Welcome to the life of a parent. I have a 3yr daughter and that is how much fun I have every weekend with her. Crazy uncles are fun, but crazy parents are even more fun. \o/

Ms Behaviour said...

Now if only they had those toys in the ocean :)

Victoria said...

Jordan, it was good adventuring, indeed! Good on you being the crazy uncle :)

Sounds like awesome fun, Claus! said...

Ms B, would a lake do? ;)