Thursday 31 December 2009

Hogmanay


Amidst all the retrospective, 2009 reviewing that's going on, I'm tempted to do more, but I had a good year. I liked 2009. I even liked saying it. Two thousand and nine. It sounded good. It felt good.

I'm not sure, exactly, what it is I hope for in this next year, this next decade, even, but I know it's good. Great.

That's my job for tonight. To sit down and make it more concrete. Figure out what I want. For real. Because it's always now or never, but decades remind you of the last time you sat at a ten-year-changeover and thought. And then you realize that (to quote Teh Floyd) ten years have got behind you. It happens whether you notice it or not.

Ten years since the panic of year two thousand and the world might just explode when the computers all fail.

But this isn't about the past, this post (although it certainly sounds like it, eh?) This is about the future and I honestly, honestly, feel like Dilling summed it up in her comment the other day. She said she wished me a "new year blessed with nothing other than vibrant, healthy, loving, non-perplexing situations in your family, friendships and personal relationships. . . . .truly . . . fingers and hearts crossed for you . . . . and all your inspiration."

I wish all of us, all of us, the same.

Happy New Year my friends.

I'm sending you love.

9 comments:

Likalia said...

Lovely thoughts from both Dilling and yourself. :)

Thank you, happy New Year!

*hugs*

Chris said...

All of the best for 2010 to you too Victoria! I like what you quoted from Dilling, that's awesome.

Have a great evening, maybe it be a happy and safe one filled with lots of good times and memories. Happy New Year!!!

Hugs

Victoria said...

Happy New Year Likalia, hugs!

All the best to you too Chris. :)

Alesha said...

Hi Victoria.
Just found your blog & thought I'd let you know I like it. Visited Vancouver Island a couple of years ago & its a nice part of the world.
Alesha

Victoria said...

Thanks Desmond, I'll think about that. Happy New Year to you too! (Oh, and I removed your comment so all the crazies and spam-bots couldn't see your email!) :D

Thank you Alesha :) And, yes, the Island's totally a nice part of the world :)

Alexander The Great said...

haha good to hear that! do get back to me soon yeah! i'm searching for people to put me in my blogroll, including forums. i get roughly 200 visitors a day, or at least that's what google analytics say, haha. so do get back to me soon yeah! (:

Victoria said...

Good on ya!

Jonathan Beckett said...

When I started saying "2010" I kept thinking about the book by Arthur C. Clarke, and the words "all these worlds belong to you except one".

I should stop reading so much - my head could have been filled with much more useful rubbish :)

Victoria said...

Yesterday, I went to say "oh nine" and realized that was wrong and so tried to say "Oh ten" but realized I couldn't. I have no idea what to call this year shorthand!

But, no, don't stop reading so much. It's fuuuuun!