Wednesday 23 December 2009

It's All Relative

I was chatting with some of my co-spy-workers today about how much warmer it's been.

There was a pause and I tilted my head in that way that dogs do when they're confused and pointed out that by "warmer" we mean "above zero."

And it's true. After that brrr spell we had the other week, it gets to plus two and we're all, whew, sure is warm these days!

It's kind of funny.

In completely unrelated news, I saw "Iron Man" last night and I loved it! Why didn't anyone tell me before? Well, I'm guessing someone did and I just didn't really listen, but I really enjoyed it, so yay!

And, last but not least for today, can I just say how very very glad I am that the days are starting to get longer again? So very glad, HURRAY!

4 comments:

the one in the back said...

The world has turned the corner...so to speak.
BTW, check out http://www.apple.com/trailers/ for the new Iron Man 2 trailer. I'm sure you'll dig it.

Stay warm.

Victoria said...

Corner turned, indeed!

And Iron Man 2 looks good, but scaaaary! (Good scary) :)

dilling said...

totally noticed the longer days...even tho i would normally be in the winter doldrums...
am looking forward to the new sattelite tv so that i can order movies and not try to enter the smelly local blockbuster for movies....i have loved RDjr... forever...

Victoria said...

Oooh Sattelite tv, that sounds like fun!