Tuesday 9 February 2010

A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes When You're Fast Asleep


I ran across a really cute guy a couple of weekends ago and before I knew it, I'd made up our "happily ever after" story in my head complete with what our first fight would be about and all the way to how and when he'd propose and just what a wonderful husband he'd be.

And before you think I've lost my mind, I always do that and so do most of my girlfriends. Maybe it's a girl thing, I don't know, but it's fun to imagine what your relationship could be like with an attractive stranger.

There's a thin line, however, between enjoying the fantasy as a happy fictional story you've made up and hoping it'll actually happen. Because when you get your hopes up too much it can really hurt.

Even getting your hopes up a little can hurt.

Like, let's say you gave this cute guy your number and hoped he would call? When he didn't, as much as you'd tell yourself you're still awesome and hot, you'd still be a little bit hurt that he didn't and you'd probably wish you hadn't gotten your hopes up.

4 comments:

the one in the back said...

No worries. The only way to catch fish is to keep fishing. Or go to the market, whichever one floats your boat. Easier said than done, I know.
But you can't let a little thing like that throw you off your game.
Besides, it's his loss that he didn't call you back. You got better things to do than sit around and hold your breath, hoping that the phone will ring...like, find a better, hotter guy.

Victoria said...

True dat! :)

Chris said...

Here I thought I was the only one who did that....

Victoria said...

Nopers!