Saturday 5 June 2010

Battle Continuum

For the past few weeks I've been playing certain songs over and over and over. Most of an album, really, and a few previously un-listened to songs from another.

For the first time since highschool (where I once made a mixed tape of the same song repeated over and over and over sides and listened to it endlessly) I'm listening to something over and over again.

I have so much more to say about this and these songs and John Mayer (who right now is both part of the problem and part of the solution even though he's really nothing more than an imaginary version of a real person in my mind) and everything, but for now here's a video that uses one of the songs I can't seem to stop listening to.

It's a great video too. So there's that. And this is weird because I feel like what I'm about to type is deja-vu and I could probably find out if I've already typed it but I won't, but I don't want to hear about it today if you don't like this guy or this video. I've heard enough from people lately about how they don't like him and, well, right now this is the soundtrack of my life and soul and so I get to shush you. Because this song *is* me right now. They all are.

But it's not really time to talk about that yet. Need more sleep first.

But anyway, here you go:



Battle Studies Winter Tour Video

2 comments:

Jonathan said...

I had never heard of John Mayer until the writer of another blog I follow mentioned him a while ago.

I don't have the "Battle Studies" track, but I like it. I love the video of Free Fallin' that's on YouTube too.

If a person can be described by the music they like, I like you more than I did before (which was already a lot)... if that makes any sense at all :)

Victoria said...

Music's such a highly personal thing which is sometimes hard when someone doesn't like who/what you like :)

And, thanks! :)