Monday 3 May 2010

I Thought It Was About Tigers Or Something

Ok, you know how we tell each other everything?

Or, how I, at least, tell you pretty much almost everything?

Yeah, well, this one's a hard one to admit.

So, you know that Van Halen song? Um, you know, the one with the lyrics that I've always sung as "Animal"?

You know. . . "Animal. duh duhhhh duh duhh. An I Maa aaal."

Um.

Well apparently it's Panama.

Panama.

Not animal.

Ahem.

Next you're going to tell me Bon Jovi's *not* singing "Like a cowboy, on a steel horse highrise."

8 comments:

Dominic said...

And I've even heard that Robert Palmer doesn't actually sing "You're gonna have to face it, you're a dick with a glove" either..

the one in the back said...

Def Leppard - pour some shook up ramen.

Unknown said...

My favourite song is Lost Together by Blue Rodeo. Up until a few years ago I thought the chorus was "hey ni-it wit..., then we are lost together".

Actual: "Hey if we're lost...then we are lost together".

Makes much more sense now.

Though I still think that Elton John has something for "Tony Danza", not a tiny dancer.

Victoria said...

Ok you guys? I can hardly type I'm laughing so hard!

Victoria said...

Nope, still laughing!

Megan said...

I've been reading your blog for awhile but apparently embarrassing song lyric mix ups is the first topic that tempts me to post something...my mistake,
k.d. lang version of bird on a wire: I thought it was "like a drunk who can aim and not fire", but turns out "it's like a drunk in a midnight choir"

Victoria said...

Ha! Excellent! :D

Now I'm giggling all over again ;)

StartedOver@28 said...

I know this has already been said but I was bummed when I learned it wasn't "hold me closer Tony Danza."

I mean its Tony Danza. Who doesn't want him to hold you closer?