Friday 21 May 2010

Intense

So it's Friday.

And I know I usually post in the mornings, but it's been a long week. It's been a long week emotionally and I'm really looking forward to this three day weekend. Anyway, these things aren't related and who cares if I usually post in the mornings, you're getting a post right now and you'll like it gosh darn it.

Sigh.

The Eddie Izzard show last night was great, it was funny and silly and my whole head hurt from smiling so much. (No, seriously, the back of my head hurt from smiling. Still does. Is there like a "head smiling muscle"?)

At super spy work today, someone asked me if I'd seen the Grey's Anatomy season finale. I hadn't, because, of course, I was laughing my head nearly off at the show, so today, I came home, got comfy and watched the finale.

Intense.

So so intense. No spoilers here, but the acting was great and watching it was harrowing.

I cried and cried and cried. And I think I needed that.

I hadn't cried much about Bird, kind of tucked it all away and tried to be positive and get on with things, so I think watching the show was an emotional way to release. Or a way to emotionally release. Or something.

I know, I know, this post is all over the place, isn't making any sense, doesn't have to. So totally doesn't have to.

But allow me to summarize for those of you who're trying to pass the pop quiz.

1. Eddie Izzard made funny jokes about how weird it is that our city is named after a person and all I kept thinking while he was making the jokes was "heh, my name's not really Victoria but it is! Heh. Heh."

2. Eddie Izzard was funny and it was kind of like sharing a hilarious inside joke with a few hundred other people. (I think you either know who Eddie is and know all his old tours word for word or you have no idea who he is and why people think it's funny to say "cake or death")

3. This really isn't a summary is it. Oh well.

4. Grey's Anatomy season finale was great. Intense. Harrowing. Emotional. Tough to watch. Well written, acted, etc.

5. I cried a lot while watching it.

6. This is probably good.

7. And now I'm really tired.

8. And kind of want to go to bed.

9. Even though it's sunny out and I used to hate when my parents sent me to bed when it was still sunny out.

10. I'm looking forward to the LOST finale too, even though it'll probably be intense too. And I bet I cry.

11. I don't want to talk about Bird anymore. He's being moved out of ICU in the next few days and it'll be a long, long recovery and I don't want to talk about it anymore and wish I could stop thinking about it and hope that soon I stop getting struck by it randomly throughout the day.

12. I think I will. Let's pretend point #11 isn't there.

13. I'm going to stop now.

14. Maybe this is why it's best I post in the mornings and not after watching some seriously intense tv.

15. Happy Friday.

6 comments:

Dominic said...

Happy Saturday :)

Charles said...

happy..... sunday?

also: i lost track of Lost, which was a big mistake, 'cause now i'm going to have to restart at the very begining and watch it all the way through to the very end.... is it worth it?

Jonathan said...

There are no words for how great your blog is sometimes.

Victoria said...

Happy Sunday Charles. And, I've enjoyed Lost (except for a bit of confusion somewhere in the last year or so) and I'd say if you liked it when you first started watching it, give it a go again!

Well, I guess that's a good thing Jonathan? ;)

Kas said...

I wish you a GREAT and awesome day!

Victoria said...

Thanks Kas, you too! :)