Tuesday 11 May 2010

Sleep Deprived. Or Maybe Just Deprived.


I did not have a good week last week sleep-wise.

Didn't seem to matter how exhausted I was, I could not seem to fall asleep.

It was weird though, because I also wasn't awake enough to bother getting out of bed and deal with the non-sleeping like they say you're supposed to which would mean I was waking up when my alarm went off with just a few hours of sleep under my belt, going to bed exhausted the next night and still not sleeping and certainly not falling asleep as exhausted as I was.

Things seemed to improve near the end of the week (a co-worker actually commented that I seemed happier and back to myself on Friday) and I'm hoping this week is better.

Now that doesn't mean I'd give almost anything to be asleep in bed right now because I oh so totally would.

Strange thing is? I have a sneaking suspicion that on the weekends where I sleep in as much as I want, or on the days I nap, it throws my sleep off for the rest of the week, so I'm not even sure that it'd be a good idea to be asleep right now.

Especially since then I couldn't be typing this.

Except when I type posts when I'm tired they tend to not make as much sense as they could.

But maybe that's not saying much.

I really don't know how new parents do it.

No comments: