Wednesday 19 May 2010

There


So I figured I'd post today, before I get to a point where I can't post because I don't know how to say anything without talking about Bird so I'm posting.

I'll let you know if there's anything major, but for now Bird's survived the first 72 hours post accident and I was told that was key. So I guess there's that.

I was super grumpy yesterday and then came home and crashed out on the couch, so I guess there's a physical part to emotional stress and strain that you forget about.

In other news, I'm going to see Eddie Izzard on Thursday, so that'll be fun. And I bought exactly $26 and 26 cents worth of groceries yesterday so that was cool.

The weather's a little bit confused, but I'm enjoying the sunny moments when they're here.

Huh. There's an obvious metaphor I didn't even intend there but will now roll with and is it seriously only a couple more weeks til June?

11 comments:

Charles said...

glad your friend is still with us.

and 26.26 is an amazing coincidence. Speaking of coincidences, i have to tell you that the other day i drove up to my mother's house and she had fruit gushers (those kids snacks) and when i opened up the package and every single gusher was the same color (they are supposed to be all different colors).

THAT was creepy. I had to go to a church and rub some holy water on myself afterward. did you get that feeling after the $26.26 thing?

Dominic said...

Hah! That's nothing! Today I bought a bunch of cookies and it cost me 4.50.

Which is near as dammit to 6.66 in canadian dollars ;)

Deeply jealous of you going to see EI. Sounds like your weather is the same as ours at the moment..

Victoria said...

I'm glad too Charles.
Um, the candy thing is totally creepy and I'd SO be taking photographic evidence and calling the FBI and/or maybe just the candy company. Creeeeepy!
But, no, I didn't feel the need for church/holy water. I just figured maybe I should buy a lottery ticket.

Dominic, so you bought evil cookies? ;) I'm looking forward to seeing Mr Izzard. Have only ever seen him in video format. I'm expecting my cheeks to hurt because I'm smiling so much. It'll be good :)

Likalia said...

Oh I am so jealous you get to see Eddie, had I known he was going to be down there I would have gotten tickets. You're cheeks are going to be in spasm. :D

*hugs for the rest*

Victoria said...

Likalia, I only just heard he was coming and was lucky to get tickets! I hope it's great.

And thanks :)

Charles said...

Well... I spent the rest of the day on the phone trying to get ahold of someone at the FBI or the DOD about these candies.... in the end they told me that if i "called again, they would be forced to send armed men in suits to my front door."

so either there is a conspiracy or... something....

but it's funny that you should have suggested that i get photographic evidence because i literally did just that. check out this amazing thing here: http://arealgoodblog.blogspot.com/2010/05/amazing-gusher-of-coincidence.html

Victoria said...

Dude. They told you to stop calling? That means they KNOW and they know YOU know and they don't want you to know. You know?
Woah.

Charles said...

i have little recourse here except to start staying awake all night long staring at my front door, praying that no one comes-a-knockin

Victoria said...

Good thing you have those candies to help keep you awake

Charles said...

the candies are good but the methamphetamine really helps

Victoria said...

*backs away slowly*

Aaaaaaaand we're back where we started. ;)