Friday 7 May 2010

What I Need Is A Good Defense

'Cuz I'm feeling like a criminal. . .

I've been living on borrowed wifi for the past week.

I've been sneaking on to a neighbour's wireless network cuz mine's been down. Like, way down. As in, when I called them they told me it'd be a week before they could fix it. Cables, they said. Digging, repairs. Serious stuff.

When I asked them what I was supposed to do until then, they suggested I use dialup.

Um. Seriously?

Fortunately, I've been able to keep up with posting and uploading photos, but I've been feeling guilty about it. I don't like doing things sneakily.

But, really? Dialup?

*shudder*

It's enough to turn one to crime.

A criminal mind, is all I've ever had. Ask one who's known me if I'm really so bad. I am.

5 comments:

the one in the back said...

actually dialup might not be a bad idea. You can probably use your phone as a modem to connect online. And since most people use Cable or DSL to connect online, dialup might be just as fast since not a lot of people are using it anymore to connect.

Dominic said...

Dialup will never be as fast as broadband. Even if it were, who cares, it's that godawful noise it makes when you connect that's the real problem ;)

Victoria said...

I didn't even bother trying ToiTB, but maybe I should have just for kicks! ;)

But Dominic, the noise is the only part I miss! :)

Dominic said...

Then click below to relive the good times:
http://www.freesound.org/samplesViewSingle.php?id=16475

Victoria said...

Wooo hooo!