Saturday 26 June 2010

Anyone Want Some Mayo?


There is a really weird thing going on with me and 2010.

I can't seem to keep it in my mind that we're IN the year 2010 and I seem to keep on thinking that 2010 was last year.

Case in point: I found a jar of mayo in my fridge and glanced at the expiry date. "Dec 2010" it read.

"Awww nuts," I thought "I must have bought this a while ago and forgot. I can't believe I've had it in my fridge expired since December."

And I took it out of the fridge and was just about to wash it out for recycling when something in my brain went "WAIT!"

So I paused and left it in the fridge, reminding myself to buy some more at the store.

Which I did.

And when I glanced at the one I'd just bought in the store it said "Dec 2010" and I thought "Man! What kind of lousy luck am I having with constantly buying expired. . . . hey, wait a second. . ."

Yes, my friends. December of this year hasn't happened yet.

Just in case you were wondering.

It's really bizarre.

Also, not the first time it's happened this year.

2010 and I don't seem to be based in the same reality or something.

How bizarre, how bizarre.

6 comments:

Mademoiselle Hautemess said...

I do this ALL the time! I went directly from signing checks 2009 until like march to suddenly believing that it is already 2011.

AND- I wanted to give you an award that I received...sort of a chain letter of awards, I suppose. I hope this award leads to other people discovering your amazing blog!

Victoria said...

So glad I'm not the only one!

And thanks! :D *blush*

Jonathan said...

I'm Mr "throw everything over-date away" - which drives my other half nuts.

Somehow there's something nice about being absent minded - it means you're thinking about things that are worth thinking about, rather than all the other crap that surrounds us.

Victoria said...

But I don't even know what it is I'm thinking about when I'm not thinking! lol

cupcakemasta said...

I SWEAR I did not copy any content...great minds must think alike since my most recent post is quite similar, but more heartbroken. http://cookinforme.blogspot.com/2010/06/2010-waslast-year.html

Victoria said...

That is too funny! (I'm also relieved!)