Thursday 17 June 2010

One Day


I found myself, for some reason, thinking about what I'd want to be if I could be or do anything. Sort of along the lines of what I'd want to be when I "grow up."

When I was a kid, I wanted to be a ballerina, or a horse trainer, or possibly both. When I was a little bit older, there was a while that I wanted to be a civil lawyer (and, no, I'm not sure where that idea came from.)

Now, if you handed me a fantasy life I'm not sure which I'd choose. Somewhere between a famous dancer or maybe a singer songwriter or famous actress (without the papparazzi) or maybe a J.K. Rowling young adult type writer. Or a princess.

What do you want to be when you grow up?

12 comments:

Laura said...

If money were no object, I'd like to be an author, I think. Or a travel writer.

Kate said...

A travel writer, that's a great idea! Either that or a wine expert! Although... if money was really no problem, probably owning a winery.

Kas said...

After today's day at work--- I don't WANNA grow up!

Victoria said...

You could be a travelling author Laura!

A winery sounds devine Kate :)

Awwww sorry Kas!

Charles said...

I will be a writer.

And sexy.

Someday. In a land where dreams come true.

http://arealgoodblog.blogspot.com/

Victoria said...

"Someday in a land where dreams come true" is so totally a Disney song line I can almost sing it.

Jonathan said...

I have no idea what I would like to be. When I was young I wanted to run a hot dog van (don't laugh - I had the prices of everything from the local store all worked out and everything)

Charles said...

I like disney movies. If only life were like them *sigh*

http://arealgoodblog.blogspot.com/

Victoria said...

Oh, but it is! *twirls around happily while the music starts in the background*

Victoria said...

Oh, and Jonathan? I'm not judging, I think it's awesome! :)

Hilary said...

Is a beach bum an option?

Victoria said...

Oh, yes, so totally! I'm adding that to my list!