Thursday 24 June 2010

An Open Letter To The Current Daylight Hours


Dear Lovely, Beautifully Long, Daylight-Filled Days,

Please, please don't go.

I mean, I know, typically, soon you start thinking of heading to the other half of the world and I know you do it slowly and discreetly, but I'm asking you to really think about it and consider staying.

Ideally, you'd stay like this all year, that would be amazing.

See, I love waking up to you. It makes my morning nice. I can see to put on my clothes and get out of bed and I can even open the blinds and see the rest of the world. I like this.

And I like spending my day with you and even more than that? I love spending my evening with you.

Even when it's a week night and I'm thinking of heading to bed I can still see you lingering out there in the sky and it makes me oh so very happy.

When we get to hang out all day and all evening like this I feel like I'm getting so much more done! I can run all my errands, and go for a walk and take photos in you and then still come home and have more of you out my window.

It's so awesome having you here all the time like this right now and I'm asking, no. . . I'm begging you, please, please PLEASE don't go.

Please.

Yours with fluttering eyelashes of persuasion,
Victoria

7 comments:

Stephanie Hunter said...

I would like to send my appeal through to the sunlight as well.

Please stay, don't go away!

Anonymous said...

i like your blog! please follow my blog:

http://jenniferscavone.blogspot.com/

Victoria said...

Maybe we can convince it Stephanie!

Thanks Jennifer.

dilling said...

dear victoria, i realize i haven't been around much...it's not you, really, it's me...and craziness lately but, i found this http://gorddownie.com/tour-information.html(notice september 24th?)while i was looking at the 22nd....also? there's this on the site...http://gorddownie.com/albums.html# where you can listen to the new music.
anyhow, as soon as i came across it, i thought of you....
sincerely,
dilling

Victoria said...

Hey D, no worries, you do what you need to do and I'll still love you! And thanks for the link, awesome!
You rock, big hugs,
Victoria

Jonathan said...

You write so romantically sometimes - it's wonderful. Have you heard the Andrea Bocelli song "Canto Della Terra" ?

It ends "Mighty Sun, Mighty Sun"... listen to it as the sun goes down :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCrWxKoOhH8&feature=related

Victoria said...

So if I don't listen to it, will the sun not go down? ;)