Wednesday 28 July 2010

Check


I don't know when I first heard somebody talking about a deep-fried Mars bar but I do know that at some point my brain said "I want to taste one of those."

Well, maybe it was my stomach who decided that, it's hard to know, they usually just decide things and let me know.

I'd only ever heard of people trying them while away on holiday, so imagine my surprise when I was at a fish and chips joint nearby and someone pointed out Deep Fried Mars Bars on the menu.

So guess what I had for dessert?

I can now say that I've eaten a deep fried Mars bar, something I've always wanted to try. I think I was almost more excited to be doing the thing I'd wanted to do for such a long time than I was to eat it.

Also? It wasn't what I expected. And I'm not sure I can describe it to you either. But there you go; experience had.

10 comments:

Dominic said...

Jealous!

...mars bars also make THE best hot chocolate sauce for putting on ice creams: Splash of milk & two mins in the microwave, stirring halfway through, is all it takes.

It's important to get the right amount of milk tho..

Emily said...

Does that mean you have not had the pleasure of deep fried Tim Tam's either?? Ohhh the goodness....

Single and Picky said...

PNE had deep fried OREO's and all sorts of other things. These are the moments where being off gluten, dairy and soy is actually a good thing.

Victoria said...

OOooh, I'd never have thought of that Dominic, that sounds decadent!!!

I haven't Emily! I've missed out on so much! I should really try to remedy that ;)

Victoria said...

Yeah, SnP, not being able to eat things for health reasons (or choice) does make it easier to avoid the seductively delicious! ;)

Anonymous said...

I love deep-fried Mars bars. But to be honest I also love my veins, so I don't have them that often.

Jonathan Beckett said...

I've never eaten one - and can't imagine that I will... it just seems too weird - a waste of a good chocolate bar ?

Victoria said...

True dat Raz! ;)

It is totally weird Jonathan, but worth trying for sure! :D

Claus said...

Deep Fried Breaded Pickles (sliced).

They serve them in the south along the Gulf Coast (Biloxi, Pascagoula, etc). Really great w/ $0.10 hot wings and cold beer.

Can't get that in Vancouver. :(

Victoria said...

Ooooooh! I can't even imagine what that tastes like, but my suspicion is good! :)