Monday 26 July 2010

Frozen


I have a ton to say and talk about but my brain is stuck on "bleargh."

I took Friday off and C-Dawg and I hung out and I have so much to tell you about that and the fun we got up to and I've had John Mayer stories starting to write themselves in my head and new things and life to talk about but I just can't get there.

C-Dawg leaves today. A flight tonight. I'm going over there later to see them before they leave but part of me just wants to not go because if I don't go, I won't have to say goodbye and then maybe I can pretend that she's till in town and I don't want to cry but if I don't go and I don't say goodbye and I don't cry isn't that a lie?

So I have things to say and stories to tell and crushes on imaginary versions of people to talk about but right now my brain is locked.

But I think I bought a new camera.

Don't want to talk about that either because that makes my brain go bleargh too.

I have brain freeze. But not the Slurpee kind. The "I can't go there right now because when I do I can't stop crying" kind.

This weekend was heavy and I hovered in it. Hovered not being the right word, but my brain's going "bleargh" so it's all I can come up with. Wallowed isn't the word either.

But it was a good weekend. Bookended with good.

Hard and heavy and sad and tears in the middle, but started perfectly and ended well.

Bookended.

I'll talk more soon.

Sorry I'm not making sense. You should probably just ignore this post.

I think I will.

4 comments:

Epiphany said...

Fun made my brain "bleargh" Friday. Pulled off three conference calls full of a lot of pauses to give my mind time to catch up with my mouth. LOL

Just Sayin... said...

Ever notice the saddest tears are always the saltiest?

Let it out! It's good for you!
And cheap pink wine helps too ;)

xo

Rosie said...

Hey Single Girl,
Was just reading your blog and really like your stories, and the songs you've posted! I'm going to download them, I'm obsessed with music and always wanting more!

On a sadder note, I'm so sorry about your friend moving away, it must be very hard. My friends are the most important thing in my life, I don't know what I'd do without them. I have a really close girlfriend too and she means everything. I hope you're not apart for too long.

I'm thinking about starting my own blog, I want to be a writer. Any tips?

Anyway, keep writing! It's great.
Best wishes,
Fellow Single Girl Rosie
Edinburgh

Victoria said...

Oh, Epiphany, I can only imagine! Hope your brain has caught up and is less bleargh-full :) said...


I'll have to check that out Samiantha, the salty factor... Yeah, I'll let it out though, maybe with some pink wine or a bellini to help.

Hi Rosie,
I'm glad you like the blog and songs, yay for music!

And thanks, I love my friends too so this is hard. And sad. I hope she's not away for two long either and we'll see each other at Christmas for sure, so that's not too long.

As for blogging, I think it's important to have fun with it. It's a personal thing so what works for me might not work for you, but here's what I'd say:
Decide how often you want to write (once a day, a few times a week, whenever you want) and then try to work out a time to write that works for you and stick with it. (Maybe every morning or evening or one day a week or lunches)
Don't be too hard on yourself and don't stress over it.
For me, the whole fun of blogging is talking to other people so think about how you want to deal with your comments and visit other blogs and things too.
Decide what your comfort zone is with how much personal info you want to put out there and how much you want to keep to yourself.
Finally, I was told to always write as if EVERYONE is reading it. So make sure you don't say anything you wouldn't want that person to hear.
Oh, and have fun (again!)
Good luck,
Victoria (who has almost all her relatives in Scotland!) ;)