Saturday 31 July 2010

Mixed

Every time I see a certain type of motorcycle on the roads I look to see if it's Bird, even though I know as soon as I look that it won't be Bird, that it'll be a while, if ever, before he's back on a motorcycle. It makes me sad every time and it makes me wish I'd been just a little more dangerous with him when we were spending time together.

Makes me wish I'd picked him up from the airport on his flight back from Vegas, the night he'd later told me if I had picked him up, I wouldn't have been going home alone. Makes me wish I'd not bothered worrying about the what if's and the but maybe's and had just enjoyed whatever the heck it was we had or didn't have for as long as we had it.

But I also know we weren't meant to be and I'm glad for that. I think maybe I just wish I'd taken more time to enjoy his vitality and his Bird-ness. I miss watching movies in his arms.

Then again, I think right now I miss watching movies in anyone's arms.




In other news, it's a long weekend here this weekend which always sneaks up on me and that I usually only remember because I put Symphony Splash on my calendar and then realize that Symphony Splash is usually on the August Long Weekend, or close to it.

I love Symphony Splash and the happy crowds and the music and the fireworks and I always always cry when the orchestra finishes the 1812 overture and the boats have stopped honking after the fireworks and the pipers come out and my folks and I sing along to Amazing Grace with the rest of the thousands of people who've come out to appreciate live, free, classical music and our amazing, beautiful city.

Enjoy your long weekend if you're one of the lucky ones, like us, who gets one and if you're not, well, enjoy your weekend anyway.




P.S. If you, like me, haven't already discovered this hilarious twitter feed (brace your eyeballs for some swearing) and you want a good laugh, consider it my August Long Weekend gift to you. I discovered it a couple of days ago and haven't stopped laughing yet.

Happy August my friends. I'm sending you all hugs. Share them with your loved ones. Especially your closest friends. Remind yourselves how lucky you are.

2 comments:

Single and Picky said...

I miss the watching a movie in someone's arms. Funny it is those small things that I miss when I'm single. I can handle the sleeping alone just fine, lots of room to wiggle around. Oddly it's those simple moments that I really miss. And I completely understand the whole they aren't right but they were a good cuddle buddy. Oh well onward in the whole dating journey.

Victoria said...

I know exactly what you mean. Totally.