Tuesday 10 August 2010

Er

So, no-spendy August hasn't exactly gone perfectly so far you guys.

I mean, sure, I haven't bought any more books* (even though I was really really tempted) and the list of things I haven't bought even though I've TOTALLY wanted to and convinced myself I NEEDED them and weren't they cute/awesome/functional/fun/cool etc. is long, but still, I have spent some monies.

But I think maybe it's ok. See, I signed up to walk another 10K, and I enrolled in a photography class for Fall, so although I'm spending, I made the excuse that I had to do it now in case they filled up before I got a chance to register.

It's hard y'all. There's so much stuff out there! And it's sunny! And that makes the stuff want to come home with me! Or something.

Good thing I only have so much money in my bank account, or I swear, I'd have purchased another digital camera already. Without returning the first one. Argh!



*Updated to add: I bought books. Today. I feel bad. But they sent me a coupon! It's how they lured me in. But they're gifts for people! Except that one that's for me. I'm no good at this.

10 comments:

Single and Picky said...

I must say I believe that buying books is always a fabulous idea. So yay!! But not yay because of the no spendy part.

I think the 10K is also a great thing to spend money on but I'm also partial to running too.

Anything else you want me to enable you in?

Victoria said...

Ooooh yes please! Eating lots of chocolate, yes or no? ;)

Victoria said...

Also? I tried to comment on your blog a few gazillion times, but blogger doesn't seem to like me today. *dramatic sigh*

Single and Picky said...

Boo to blogger and yay to chocolate! Lots and lots of it

Dominic said...

I signed up for evening classes starting September recently too. But I'm actually in the opposite situation to you - I'm trying to spend money, because I'm too much in the habit of just saving the stuff up pointlessly and doing sod-all with my free time; instead of just spending the money on doing stuff I've been meaning to do for years.

On the plus side, it paid for my trip round Europe a while back.. but it's not really worth doing nothing & saving up with no reason. So screw it, you can't take it with you & therefore I shall spend it :)

Victoria said...

Yay to chocolate SnP? Alrighty then, YAY!

Well, Dominic, you can always send any extra money my way if you can't think of what to do with it! :)

Dominic said...

Put a link to your Amazon wishlist in your sidebar, I might buy you a book when I'm well-off ;)

Victoria said...

But I've already bought all the books in the entire universe! (or so it feels) ;)

Jonathan said...

I'm trying to keep my eyes off the new Amazon Kindle - you know - the cheap one, that isn't actually that expensive...

Victoria said...

Lol. You sound like you should just get it already! ;)