Tuesday 24 August 2010

New. Again.

I got another camera.

I know most (if not all) of you are like, "Who cares, Victoria? What about the guy?" but I don't have anything more to say on that one at the moment. My friends are still on honeymoon and I can't exactly email them and say "So, hey, did Cary ask about me at all or anything?" but I'm guessing he hasn't. Didn't. Probably won't. Even though I hope he will.

I'm trying not to be disappointed by something that wasn't an anything but it's been a while since I've felt butterfly-stomached over someone and it's hard to just let that go. (I know you'll tell me to just move on, and I will. Eventually. Probably.)

But I got another camera.

I took the last one to the wedding and ended up really liking the shots I got with it.

I'd decided to keep it and was happily looking forward to a long life with it and the nice lens I got for it when it stopped working.

It gone done broked on me.

I took it as a sign that the feeling of wishing I'd bought a DSLR was now an opportunity to do so and so I returned the first camera and bought a new one.

I still adore my first digital camera and think it takes wonderful pictures, but I'm hopeful that this new one will become a new favourite for different reasons.

I still love the camera I grew up learning on best of all and may take it out again one of these days, there's something so satisfying about the heavy click it makes when I take a photo with it and I'll miss my first digital camera and how well I know it, but I think having a digital SLR will be a good thing in the long run and I hope I come to know it just as well as my old one.

New learning curve, here I come. Again.

No comments: