Monday 2 August 2010

To Holiday Mondays


Ahhhh holiday Mondays, I love you so.

And, if I can be totally honest with you holiday Mondays? I love you even more than holiday Fridays. (But don't tell them I said so.)

You see, with you, holiday Mondays, there's this giddy realization at some point on the Sunday that tomorrow is not, in fact, a work day. The weekend gets magically extended. Whereas with holiday Fridays, a Sunday is still the day before going back to work so somehow the holiday feels shorter.

And when you go back to work after a holiday Monday, there are only four more days until it's a weekend all over again so it somehow feels like getting another weekend as a bonus. And, yes, I know holiday Fridays give you short weeks too, but you still have to get through a week to get to them. Plus, I like Thursdays anyway so a Thursday becoming a Friday isn't as awesome as a Monday becoming an extra Sunday PLUS an almost Tuesday wrapped into one.

I mean, don't get me wrong, I'll take holidays when and were I can get them, the more the merrier I say hurrah and huzzah and all that, but I must say, you're especially in my good books today holiday Mondays. I intend to enjoy you.

Yours happily and relaxingly,
Victoria

P.S. See you in September!

5 comments:

Just Sayin... said...

I agree!!!

Victoria said...

:D

Single and Picky said...

In theory I love them, today however I am torn, I have this nasty paper that won't get itself out of my brain... September's Monday will be bliss though.

Chris said...

Happy BC Day! I love holiday mondays too. Looking forward to the next one in a month. YAY for holiday mondays!

Victoria said...

Aww, well good luck with it SnP! I'm rooting for you :)

Happy BC Day Chris, yay!