Tuesday 7 September 2010

Mind Games


Waiting for Cary to maybe, maybe not email me back is so messing with my mind.

Or, I suppose, the reality of the situation is that my mind is messing with itself. Playing mind games with me. And I'm not enjoying it.

Predominately, I find I'm flooded with negative thoughts; thoughts that he *must* have received the email by now and is actively ignoring it, or is trying to figure out what on earth he's supposed to say back, or just doesn't care enough to respond. But the longer my inbox stays free of Cary-sent emails, the more negative and annoying the thoughts become.

And the mind games kick in and I find myself telling myself to not be so negative, that it's all just going to work out in time and that if it's meant to be (and it must be meant to be, it just feels that way) there's no need to worry, but of course there's a need to worry because obviously I didn't make enough of an impression on him for him to have asked our friends for my email and contacted me. Obviously the appearance of an email from me wasn't the highlight of his day. Or week. Or anything.

And then I check my email again and it starts all over. I can't stop checking. It's ridiculous.

I know myself and I know I tend to react differently to things than a lot of people and my friend who knows Cary has told me not to worry, he'll email.

So I'm trying to relax. To not be disappointed.

But to not be overly excited either.

The mind games don't help though.

In the slightest.

6 comments:

DEC said...

I'd say that at least 85% of girls all over the world would be feeling exactly how you are now in the same situation.

It sucks having to wait for an answer... but guys just have different priorities.

He will get to your email, and reply to it by Sunday, tops, don't worry.

In the meantime, just go to the movies... I find it relaxing being on a place without my computer or phone when I'm waiting for contact.

Bisous
Anne
http://datingoneverycontinent.blogspot.com

PS.: I actually just got stood up... and the worst part is that I didn't even want to go out with the guy in the first place! (and still, I'm waiting for the damn email, if that makes you feel better :)

Canadianbloggergirl said...

Ok, so my mom used to say this to me all the time.....things come to those who wait...or ...patience is a virtue. It quite frankly is annoying. So instead I'll say check that email as often as you want, in hopes he does converse with you again sometime soon. However don't put your life on hold for him, keep looking, plenty of fish in the sea! (how was that for cheesy?..lol ;)

Elle said...

I'm with Anne. 85% of girls would be acting the same way. I bet it would go up to 90 or 95% once it's been a week because even the girls who say "oh, no big deal" change their tune after a little time. I'm also with Anne about going to a movie or doing something where you don't have email access :) I use that trick all the time when I'm feeling anxious (doesn't have to be boy related).

Good luck!

Victoria said...

Thanks Anne, good to know I'm not alone!
PS.: That totally makes me feel better! *hugs*

CBG, but being patient is so haaaaard! ;) And yes, plenty of fish and all that :)

I may have to try the "no email access" trick Elle!

whydidn'tshefancyme said...

I have the exact same issues with someone.

It takes over my whole day waiting for her to contact me & I go through so many negative thoughts if she doesn't.

My last blog post explains this.

Victoria said...

Sorry, it's no fun is it? :(