Thursday 21 October 2010

I'm So Tie Tie

I had a cold a week or three ago and while I wouldn't say my energy is low from it, I am super super tired.

As in, last Friday, I went to bed at 9. And even then, I felt like I'd forced myself to stay up waaaaay later than I'd wanted to.

I've been coming home from work and wanting to go straight to bed but forcing myself to stay up and do things. You know, like eat dinner?

Mornings are tough too. Caffeine doesn't seem to put a dent in the tired so I'm alternating between tea and Coke. Yep. Coca-Cola first thing in the morning. My teeth must love me.

I'm going to start trying to get more protein too, and less sugar (see ironic Coke reference above) and more iron (I think I've slipped in my iron pill taking lately) and, well, I think I should just give in and let myself go to bed as early as I want for a week or so and see how I do.

So sleepy.

Tuck me in?

8 comments:

Just Sayin... said...

awwww poor Victoria.

Love that you're pulling the "tuck tuck card" though. lol

Hope you feel better soon.

Chantal_Wannabe said...

Maybe your body is trying to tell you that it needs sleep.. and more sleep.... I'd say try to let yourself go to bed early for a few days and see how you feel after.. Maybe it's just the cold and the shorter days too.

Canadianbloggergirl said...

Take some B12 supplements 1200mg /day time released tablets. Over the counter stuff. The boost your energy level and anything your body doesn't need will just pee out!

Try that, if that doesn't work see ur doctor for possible mono.

CBG
canadianbloggergirl.blogspot.com

Single and Picky said...

I am in the same boat - I'm wiped and I'm not sure why but I'm going to be skipping yoga tonight and getting into bed at 6 the way things are going.

The tuck tuck card while good in many cases, also can be useless when you're too darn tired to be cute.

Claus said...

B12, exercise/fresh air, yoga, and limit the caffeine. Maybe a weekend in Tofino with a good book to get away from everything and recharge

Victoria said...

Thanks JS! :)

I think maybe that's what it's trying to tell me Chantal, more sleep already! So I went to bed earlier last night and am going to do the same tonight :)

I've been taking B12 for a while CBG, it has helped a lot :D

Maybe just fighting off a cold SnP? But, yeah, it's hard to be cute when you're too tired ;)

Tofino might be the answer Claus! :D But, yes, I'm on the B12, exercise, fresh air and will start to limit my caffeine again. Because if it's not helping that much, why bother? :)

Dominic said...

Truly tired people never quite finish anyth

Victoria said...

So what are you sa