Friday 8 October 2010

Is That All?

I've figured out what it takes for me to overcome my shyness and talk to an attractive man.

Give him ice cream.

See, with the weather being so fantastically summery last week my mind felt like it *was* Summer and Summer is all about cute boys and ice cream and the beach and relaxing.

So I went for a walk with a cute (non-straight, don't get your hopes up) boy friend of mine and we went down to the beach and relaxed and then we wandered home.

I know pretty well where in town you can find ice cream and where we were, there's nowhere that sells ice cream.

So imagine my shock and surprise when I saw an attractive man walking down the street towards us holding a cone of ice cream.

I looked around suspiciously to see if an ice cream stand had magically appeared overnight and when I didn't see one I walked straight up to the guy.

"Hi. Excuse me!" I said, bold as brass, actually waving at him.

"Yes, hello, hi." He answered, assuming from the boldness of my approach that we already knew each other.

"Where'd you get that ice cream?" I demanded, my eyes wide, hands clasped in excitement.

"Oh. Right in there." He said, pointing to a nearby coffee shop that I hadn't been in in a while. (Obviously)

"Awesome! Thank you!" I practically shouted, resisting the urge to hug my new hero.

I high-tailed it to the shop, my friend laughing to himself behind me.

"What's so funny?" I asked, already checking out the flavour choices.

"Well, I thought you were going to ask him out. He was such a good looking guy."

"Was he? Really? All I noticed was his ice cream. I needed to know where he got it. It was important."

So apparently ice cream's all it takes to make me un-shy. Go figure.

3 comments:

Jonathan said...

Perhaps ice cream is to you as alcohol is to Guthrapali in Big Bang Theory :)

Dominic said...

Ben&Jerry's, or Haagen-Daaz? :)

Victoria said...

Perhaps Jonathan :)

Island Farms Dominic! ;)