Friday 22 October 2010

Warning, Rant Ahead.


I don't think it's asking too much to have some male attention in my life.

And I know they say you should be careful what you ask for so let me say I don't think it's too much to ask to have some wanted, positive, giggle-inducing, happy-making, possibly the start of a good relationship male attention in my life.

I mean, I'm not asking for perfection, although I wouldn't turn it away if it showed up, I'm just asking to have an email from a someone in my in box every couple of days. To maybe have an email conversation going that makes me smile. To have someone I can meet for coffee and a walk along the beach front on these beautifully sunny days and to wonder if we weren't holding cups in our hands, might we be holding hands instead?

To have someone wonder how my day was and to have someone I can celebrate his good days with. To have someone, who when I accidentally touch their hand when grabbing something from him, my stomach jumps and I wonder what it's going to be like when we kiss, or more.

I don't think it's too much to ask to be able to sit and talk with my girlfriends about where the relationship's going and is it as awesome to them as it is to me, do they see the same in him as I do or am I blinded by his cuteness, his sense of humour, how awesome I think he is.

I don't think it's too much to want to be able to go to a boyfriend's sporting event and give him a big hug after, even though he warns me he's all sweaty. I don't think it's too much to ask to have someone in my life I can hang out with and do things with and go to movies and events with and then still get to kiss at the end of the night and maybe, after a while, well, other things.

I'm not even asking for someone to sleep with, I'm just saying that it shouldn't be so damn hard for the Universe to find me someone to get to know, to start a relationship with, to be my boyfriend.

I mean, it shouldn't be. Right? But then why does it seem to be?

Ok. Rant over.

For now.

I think.

*dramatic sigh*

14 comments:

Single Girl said...

Girl, I SO hear you.

Canadianbloggergirl said...

I understand how you feel, I was there wonce. Things will turn around for you!

CBG
canadianbloggergirl.blogspot.com

Duffy said...

Poor singlegirl!

the one in the back said...

Why do you think this hasn't happened yet? Because I think there are plenty of good guys out there who would like to get together with you.

Most of the male persuasion have this problem of deciphering female signals, so I think it would help if you could give us a hint that it's ok to make a move, that we actually have a chance.

I'm just sayin'..."holla at yo boy!" to use the colloquialism ;-)

Anyways, that's my male perspective. Hope that helps.

SMITHY GALLERY said...

I know exactly how you feel, well today anyway. Like you, perhaps my perspective will be different tomorrow and I will find plenty of joy elsewhere. I guess it's frustrating because you can't control who you connect with, not really. Good to hear a male perspective (the one in the back!). We girls maybe need more of that.

Victoria said...

Yeah, SG...

Thanks CBG :)


Sometimes, Duffy!

I think maybe it's mainly that I don't meet a lot of single men in my day to day life ToitB. But when I do, I shall make sure to holla! ;)

There are definitely good days and bad nataharri :)

Single girl said...

*heart* i am there now and it sucks but i gave up on the whole internet dating thing.. too many looney bags out there, and yes i am saying it seems to be the men only :) i am trying to branch out and make new single female friends and guess what, after one outing i have already had several men approach me, its a fabulous feeling, i never would of thought that going out with the wrong people and to the wrong places could impact on your love life soo much

Erin xx

p.s your blog makes me feel normal again when i read it, its nice to know there are other fab women out there who are single also.. and not always by choice :)

Victoria said...

Yeah, I don't know about the internet thing either... I like your idea of just going out and meeting new friends. :)

(And thanks, I'm glad!) :D

Anonymous said...

How old are you?

Victoria said...

Well, I'm a little bit older today than I was yesterday if that helps?

Anonymous said...

I couldn't have said it better. I've been ranting about the exact same things for a while now and have never been able to put it down in writing. I especially like the part where you say "it shouldn't be so damn hard for the Universe to find me someone to get to know, to start a relationship with, to be my boyfriend."

And dating sites can get so boring somtimes. LOL.

--- Single Girl in Manila

Victoria said...

Well, high five to my twin in Manila! Sounds like we all go through the same things no matter where we live, eh? :)

Dugout Daisy said...

you have put into words EXACTLY how I am feeling right now... every sentence you wrote is a thought in my head. I know there's gotta be someone out there for us, but is it really this hard???
best wishes to you my friend, and after seeing your post today i'm sure the best is just around the corner for you.
xo

Victoria said...

Thanks Daisy, hopefully wonderful things are coming your way too :)