Friday 26 November 2010

Anonymity


On the online dating site I'm trying again, there comes a time when you and the person you've been matched with can find out more about each other than just the basics from your profile.

One of the things you can do is ask each other a few questions and see what your match answers.

The questions are anything from deep and serious to light and fun, but they all allow you to learn something more about the person.

One question that I got asked has been running through my head ever since I read it and I'm putting it out here for you guys to answer, because it's quite a fun one.

If you could do something out of character and remain anonymous, what would you do?

It's the "out of character" part that got me. There are things I'd do if I could remain anonymous that aren't necessarily out of character, so I'm not sure if that counts.

The answer I ended up giving?

I'd pull a fire alarm.

What about you?

10 comments:

Just Sayin... said...

I like the question game.
It never gets old, well as long as the people playing are somewhat creative about the light stuff.

What would I do, "out of character?" hmmm......well since you took the best answer of all times, I'll set off the sprinklers at a huge boring event or work. :->

Laura said...

I'd egg my current landlord's house and steal my $400 damage deposit back, which she is refusing to surrender. Followed by my current apartment that I'm being forced to move out of on Tuesday. Oh wait, this wasn't meant to be a vent session, was it? Nonetheless, I'm more of a complainer, so my bark is worse than my bite. If it was anonymous, I'd actually DO THOSE THINGS. I'd probably feel like a horrible person afterwards though.

dating diva said...

I would bitch slap my former roommate ;) She's the only frenemy I have right now, and I really can't stand her.

xx,
Delilah

Victoria said...

JS, so does that mean you're going to stand on a chair with a lighter held up to the sprinkler system? ;)

Aw man Laura, that's no fun, sorry :(

Ruh roh Delilia! ;)

Just Sayin... said...

Yes I will stand on a chair with a lighter and set the sprinklers off. :)

Victoria said...

Awesome, you've got it all figured out! :)

Single and Picky said...

Hmmm this is kind of hard - I would want to do something that my uptight/proper self character wouldn't let me do. The fire alarm during an exam session sometimes appeals to me, but I know that would cause a lot of headache for others...

Victoria said...

Ahhhh yes, but that's the beauty of it! No one knows it's you who did it so the headaches for everyone else? Meh!

Anonymous said...

Slightly philosophical relatioship/dating question for you...

Where is the line between "being happy single" and "would be happier if in a relationship"? I know we're all supposed to love ourselves and learn to be happy alone, but isn't it ok to admit that at the end of the day we all want to be loved?

Anonymous reader, coming out of hiding...

Victoria said...

Hi! And thanks for coming out of hiding :)

That's a great question, and probably a whole blog post in itself, but I think my short answer would be that yes, it's totally ok and normal to want to be loved and in a relationship. I think the problem comes when people say "I'm miserable single and will only be happy in a relationship." I think that's the difference. I think it's totally ok to want to be in a happy, loving relationship.