Wednesday 10 November 2010

Not Forgotten


I'm heading out of town for a few days and won't be back before Sunday or Monday at the latest.

I'm traveling on Remembrance Day and I feel sad about that because it means I won't be able to attend a Remembrance Day Ceremony.

I'll certainly take some time at eleven tomorrow to pause and remember and say a silent thanks to those who gave their lives in sacrifice for a greater good.

I've talked before about what Remembrance Day means to me and how it's important to me to remember and respect without it being a political statement. I hope you too can take some time tomorrow to pay tribute to those who chose and continue to choose to stand against injustice and wrongs all over the world and to those who risk their lives in helping rebuild and bring peace to places that need it.

I'll see you in a few days my loves, have a peaceful week and hug your loved ones. All of them.

5 comments:

Just Sayin... said...

Well said Victoria.
I've never been to an island parade, but there is one that starts/stops in front of my patio.... all the firemen, police, veterans, young cadets and the pipe band... makes me cry every year.

Have a safe travel.

Victoria said...

I always cry at the ceremonies JS, absolutely.

Thank you SStac :)

Dominic said...

Sadly enough, when I helpfully announced at work "It's nearly 11 o'clock", the response was "What happens at 11 o'clock"?

Oh well..

Jonathan said...

I always seem to be on the road at important times too. Weird how that happens.

Victoria said...

That's kind of surprising Dominic, and disappointing :/

Very weird Jonathan. . .